|Friedrichshafen FF 49C (Reconnaissance Seaplane and Trainer, 1919-1925|
|Page 1 (4)|
seaplanes type FF
were bought in January 1919 directly from the German manufacturer
Friedrichshafen. These aircraft were larger then the earlier
Friedrichshafen in the Swedish Navy. They had stronger engines (220 hp
Benz) and longer endurance. Maximum flying time was six hours at 120
km/h. Due to accidents, both aircraft - Navy numbers 23 and 24 - were
written off in 1924.
the end of the war, a civil aviation company, Svensk Lufttrafik AB, had
also bought two FF
49Cs. The aeroplanes were now rebuilt to carry
passengers, but company’s plans of commercial aviation had
to be cancelled. These two machines were instead taken over by
the Navy 1920 and restored for military use. They got the Navy
numbers 25 and 26.
They got the Navy numbers 25 and 26.
49C, number 25,
was used for the first trials with torpedoes in 1923.
was also the first Swedish military aircraft fitted with radio
type was equipped with dual-command to be used for training purposes.
But as at the smaller Swedish Friedrichshafens, any armament was never
at top: Number 26 at the Fortress of Karlsborg.
Photo at top: Number 26 at the Fortress of Karlsborg.
Length: 11,60 m. Span: 16,70 m. Maximum take-off weight: 2.120 kg. Max. speed: 120 km/h
For the Model Builder
© Lars Henriksson